AXForum  
Вернуться   AXForum > Microsoft Dynamics NAV > NAV: Blogs
All
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск Все разделы прочитаны

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 11.09.2019, 11:12   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,475 / 846 (79) +++++++
waldo: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2019 release Wave 2: Full keyboard shortcut support
Источник: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/waldo...ortcut-support
==============

Now Wave2 blogging is allowed, there are many topics that I want to share with you .. really, a lot. Time is not on my side – I’m in full preparation for Directions and NAVTechDays, so let’s see.

Today, while working on my SaaS-deployment-pipeline in DevOps with ALOps, I DID find the time to say a few words on one of the topics I’m quite excited about: Shortcutkeys in the webclient, or in other words: full keyboard shortcut support!

In my “real world”, users (yes, I do have customers, although people sometimes seem to be thinking otherwise.. ) have been asking this for quite some time .. and finally I can tell them: it works like it should!

Obviously you already knew about this, because I already announced it here (and specifically here by Microsoft) – just kidding ;-).

How it works?

Very simple: you have a “ShortCutKey” property on action, where you can set the ShortCutKey like this example:

I guess that doesn’t need too much of explanation, does it ;-)? You can simply do it the same for your actions. And I can tell you: it works! :-).

Knowing this, let’s dive a bit into what Microsoft did…

Did Microsoft apply it to the Base Application?

Absolutely. Even more, at the current version (a bit depending on localization), I found 1370 places where Microsoft added a ShortCut! I can only imagine they were able to convert that from the Base Application ;-).

This made me think though – are there THAT many shortcuts we need to start learning by heart?

I decided to dive a little bit more into it, by analysing all the shortcuts by creating a PowerShell script that loops all al files of the Base Application, and lists all ShortCutKey properties in a csv file. You can find the script here: https://github.com/waldo1001/blog.CA...ortCutKeys.ps1

You can find the output in that same repo, but here is the overview of all shortcuts that I found are implemented:

ShortCutKey

# of Actions

Explanation

Alt+D

Dimensions

Ctrl+Delete

Delete

Remark: this is only applied on Page “ItemAvailabilitybyTimeline“

Ctrl+F11

Reconcile

SplitWhseActivityLine

Ctrl+F7

Navigate to “Entries”

Ctrl+F9

“Finish”

“Release”

“Release to Ship”

Approve

Release

UnappliedEntries

Ctrl+Right

Only on (BC)O365SalesInvoice Page

F7

Statistics

F9

Return

Open

This is an interesting one …

Shift+Ctrl+D

Dimensions

Only on these journals:
    • FinancialJournal
    • EBPaymentJournal
    • DomiciliationJournal
  • ApplyGeneralLedgerEntries
Shift+Ctrl+F

SuggestWorksheetLines on CashFlowWorksheet

Shift+Ctrl+F9

“Post and Print Put-away” on WarehouseReceipt

Shift+Ctrl+I

Item & Tracking Lines

Shift+Ctrl+L

Run (All) on Test Suite

Shift+F11

Apply Entries

Shift+F7

Card / Show Document (why not “Enter”? :-))

Shift+F9

Post & Print

As you see, not really THAT many, but very useful nevertheless..

Now obviously the next question:

Can we change a ShortCutKey from within an app?

And yes you can! So, if Microsoft has forgotten any, you can add them! Here is an example:

As you can see, in this case, I didn’t just add a ShortCutKey, but I even changed the “ALT+D” to something else. And it works .. . Not sure we should all be doing this – and also not sure if everyone would do this, what would happen with conflicting shortcutkeys (although, I guess the “first of last one wins”?), but now at least, you know it’s possible!

If you want to play with Wave 2, get started here:

https://freddysblog.com/2019/07/31/p...elease-wave-2/

Источник: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/waldo...ortcut-support