crminthefield: Overview: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 18
We're delighted to announce that Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 18 released Thursday June 30th, 2011!
Note regarding Podcasts: Going forward, as Update Rollups for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and CRM 2011 will be alternately shipping every 4 weeks and focus increases on CRM 2011 servicing, we'll focus on Podcasts for each CRM 2011 Update Rollup release, beginning with a Podcast discussing Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 2 on June 3rd, 2011. These CRM 2011 Update Rollup Podcasts will also discuss the previously-released Update Rollup for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
Related links you should know about:
Packages are available for download via the Update Rollup 18 Microsoft Download Center page for these CRM components:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 18 Prerequisites:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 11 (and beyond) Prerequisites:
Issues resolved via Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 18:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 18 is a cumulative Update Rollup that includes all the fixes for the issues that are documented in the "Master Knowledge Base Articles" for Update Rollups 1 through 17. Hyperlinks to these articles are included in the "Issues that are resolved in Update Rollup 18 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0" section of the Update Rollup 18 "master" Microsoft Knowledge Base article.
Hotfixes and updates that were released as individual fixes:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 11 added support for SQL Report Viewer 2008 SP1 and this has a prerequisite on .Net Framework 3.5 SP1, so this is also a requirement for installing UR11 and future Update Rollups on your CRM servers, routers, clients, etc.
- Update Rollup 11 also included changes that require Visual C++ 2008 + SP1, so this is also a requirement for installing Update Rollup 11 and future Update Rollups on your Microsoft Dynamics CRM servers, routers, clients, etc.
Other fixes released via CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 18:
- 2554541 Email messages that are tracked by using the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client for Microsoft Office Outlook use GUIDs instead of valid messageids in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
Hotfixes and updates that you have to enable or configure manually
Update Rollup 18 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 contains no updates that you must enable or configure manually.
- Assume that you have an organization that contains many thousands of users. When you update the SQL server location for the organization by using the deployment manager, the organization update operation takes a long time. Additionally, the deployment manager becomes unresponsive.
- Assume that you create a new service case. When you select a value by using the lookup function, the value is not displayed.
- Assume that you create a service appointment for a user who has several email addresses. After you delete one of the email addresses, the AddressUsed fields in the service appointment are set to null. Therefore, the email addresses are lost in the service appointment.
- Assume that you run an advanced find query that contains an OR condition. You export the result to an Excel worksheet. In this situation, when you open the Excel worksheet, no data is displayed. Additionally, the Excel worksheet remains empty even though you update the Excel worksheet by clicking Refresh.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You create a custom workflow activity that has a series of classes that use their own descriptions.
- You register the workflow activity.
- You create a new workflow in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM website.
- You click the Add Step menu to select the custom workflow activity.
- In this scenario, not all custom workflow activities are displayed.
- When you copy marketing list members from one marketing list to another marketing list, you experience slow performance.
- Assume that you review a record, and then click Save and New to create another record. In this situation, the ModifiedOn field of the first record is updated with the current date and time even though you do not change the first record.
- Assume that you reply to an email message that is tracked in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. If the Regarding field of the email message is set to a record to which you do not have access, you receive a privileges error message.
- Assume that you resolve a party that is unresolved. In this situation, 100 unresolved parties are updated to a same record. However, email addresses of the unresolved parties are not updated as expected.
- After you export and import from one system to another system, the case sensitivity of attributes are changed unexpectedly.
- Assume that you type a script in the Search for the topics text box in the help contents page in a Microsoft Dynamics CRM browser client. When you run the search, a generic ASP.Net error page instead of a generic Microsoft Dynamics CRM error page is displayed.
Internet Explorer 9 Compatibility
- 64-bit versions of Office 2010 will not be supported in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- With Update Rollup 8 installed, Microsoft CRM E-mail Router Service supports Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- With Update Rollup 12 installed, the Rule Deployment Wizard supports Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sustained Engineering team extensively tested Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 against pre-release versions of Internet Explorer 9 and continue to address compatibility issues, as they're reported, against the released (Released to Web) version of Internet Explorer 9.0. When necessary, we plan to release enhancements via future Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup releases to assure compatibility with Internet Explorer 9.
Расскажите о новых и интересных блогах по Microsoft Dynamics, напишите личное сообщение